Credentials and Bio
- BA Degree (1965) - City College of New York (CUNY) major in International Politics, minor in literature.
- "Who's Who among American College Students - 1965"
- CUNY Delegate to International Model United Nations Conference -1964
- Community Service Organizer instituting and directing legal services, Bklyn, NY -1967
- Jurus Doctorate Degree - Brooklyn Law School - 1968
- Admitted to the Bar in New York - 1969
- Admitted to practice in Federal Courts - 1970
- General Law Practice w/ specialization in Matrimonial Law - 1977 to Current
Achievements and Accolades
- Frequent Analyst and Commentator on COURT TV (Matrimonial and Divorce "expert")
- Awarded an AV rating (its highest) - Martindale - Hubbell Peer Review Ratings Service Law directory.
- Accepted to The National Advocates: Top 100 lawyers in the Country; exclusive, invitation-only organization.
- Consecutive annual selections â€“ 2007 â€“ 2010 - New York Times Super Lawyers Section
- Appointed to the New York City Bar Association Matrimonial Committee as of August 2015.
- "Top Lawyer" in Divorce Law field.
- Certified Law Guardian for Children, State of New York
- Co-Chair of Matrimonial Section of NY County Lawyers Association 2001-2004
- Attorney of record on the winning side of several important and unique Test cases
( see Noteworthy Cases Page for details)
Read articles about divorce and family law here.
Guest and Expert Commentator on Court TV (1990 to 2000)
Initial Consultation - $350
Paul Rudder ESQ was one of the main presen-
ters and a panelist at St John's University Law School all day course titled "THE COURT IS IN SESSION: PSYCHOLOGISTS ON THE STAND - A CASE OF A CHILD CUSTODY EVALUA TION" on September 30 2012.
The program presented the issues and concerns in the stages through time in child custody, general issues related to all aspects of the child custody dispute and adjudication, common errors made by professionals, legal challenges likely to be faced, ethical and licensing issues likely to emerge, etc.
What our customers are saying..
"Paul Rudder is amazing person and a great lawyer. He has a heart but also great legal skills. He took me through a brutal experience with very good results. I highly recommend him to anyone who needs a divorce attorney"
"I came to see Mr. Rudder at the suggestion of my accountant. I got served with divorce papers and did not know who to turn to. From the moment I stepped into his office, I felt like someone had my back and I was going to be OK. He is not just a lawyer, he is a counselor at law which what a divorce lawyer should be, this is a very personal, emotional experience."
"I needed a divorce and there was a lot at stake, significant assets and 2 kids. The divorce was not going to be friendly. There was a lot of hostility between and my now ex-wife. Paul Rudder did everything to avoid heavy litigation, tried to settle and negotiate as much as he could. Eventually we did go to court and this man knows how to try a case. I was very satisfied with the outcome."
"I was about to get married and needed a pre-nuptial agreement. I was recommended Paul Rudder by a friend who used him for his. This is a very difficult and sensitive matter and he really helped me understand and identify my rights, goals as well a fairness to my soon to be wife."
Contact Paul Eric Rudder
Paul E. Rudder, ESQ - Divorce Lawyer NYC
950 Third Avenue, 11th Floor
New York, NY 10022
T: 212 826-9900
Mr. Rudder represents clients in NYC & throughout the Greater Metropolitan area.
(please click on services of interest for more information)